The Naples Players is one of the largest non-profit community theaters in the nation, located in scenic downtown Naples, Florida. We have a professional full-time staff with experience ranging from regional theatre to international and off-Broadway. The Naples Players is devoted to their community and relies on the generous volunteers who eagerly participate to create each season.
We are always looking for qualified Directors, Choreographers and Musical Directors. These are contracted positions. Please send your information to Jessica Walck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Costume Shop Supervisor
Reports To: Resident Costume Designer
The Costume Shop Supervisor is responsible for the execution of all costume needs for The Naples Players productions. Productions include but are not limited to all Blackburn Hall, Tobye Studio Theater, KidzAct youth productions/showcases, and promotional/fund-raising events.
Duties of the Costume Shop Supervisor:
Supervision of the volunteer costume shop and costume crew labor personnel required to fulfill the responsibilities of Costume Shop Supervisor. Includes, but not limited to:
- Assigning the volunteer laborers jobs per production.
- Teaching volunteer laborers the skills needed to be complete the jobs assigned.
- Assist in the tracking of costume shop labor volunteer hours.
- Assist volunteer/paid costume designers to learn TNP’s costume shop procedures and act as an interpreter of their designs for the volunteer laborers.
- Supervise the finishing of all costumes and related items as required for TNP’s productions by final dress rehearsal.
- When a volunteer is unavailable, complete any task required of the costume shop.
Other duties include:
- Assist with the pulling, building, and striking of rehearsal and performance costumes as needed.
- Supervise the completion of laundry and repairs during the run of a show.
- Coordinate with the show’s designer and Department Head for the coverage of repairs on the weekends.
- Assist with the costume strike of each production to insure the safe removal, cleaning, and storage of costumes from the stage area and dressing rooms.
- Assist in the timely completion of any rental returns.
- Keep all supplies needed for the efficient running of the shop organized and at proper levels.
- Advise the Department Head of supply needs and the condition of the equipment.
- Assist the Department Head in providing education classes when the schedule will allow.
The Costume Shop Supervisor will be required to design a minimum of two productions each year and should be able to step in to finish a production’s designs in an emergency situation.
Additional duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Advance sewing skills required including alterations, pattern drafting, and draping.
- Costume design experience for plays and musicals
- Strong organizations and good communications skills are necessary.
- Theater costuming experience, hair/wig experience, work with volunteer organizations, work with children ages 4-18, or teaching a plus.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples to the Executive Artistic Director, Bryce Alexander, at email@example.com.
Assistant House Manager
Reports To: House Manager
Assistant House Managers are responsible for providing a professional and courteous front-of-house experience to ensure the safety and comfort for all patrons and volunteers. They must maintain a positive image for all TNP, KidzAct, Reader’s Theatre, rental shows, fundraisers, and other special events that the theater hosts.
- Experience, tact, and patience with patron services and public interaction
- Cash handling
- Strong communication, oral and written between patrons, volunteers, and staff
- Familiarity with computers and iPads
- Willingness to work flexible nights
Other Desirable Experience:
- Competency with Word and Excel
- Working in the arts
- CPR/AED and/or First Aid/Responder Certified
Please send a cover letter and resume to Scott Boisvert, House Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.